Happy Tuesday friends, we are chatting about a great program to workout at home today!
I love to workout y’all. Well sometimes I hate it depending on the workout, but I always love it after I’m finished and sweaty. I used to be one who “needed” to do so at the gym because I used others around me as motivation to workout, so I was always hesitant to buy anything to do at home. However, I stumbled upon Kayla Itsines’ Beach Body Guide back when I was either still pregnant or very early post-partum. I let myself get through several weeks post-partum to heal, recover, and just adjust to nursing a baby 24/7 before I committed to buying and essentially trying anything. After probably a few months give or take I decided to jump in and buy Kayla’s BBG program.
Within a few weeks of doing so she launched her phone app! It has now been 68+ weeks since I started using her program and I am sharing five reasons why you will love it as much as me.
Here are my top 5 reasons to love the Sweat With Kayla App by Kayla Itsines!
- You can do all the workouts at home. During this season it’s too time consuming to get to the actual gym. Also, the earlier I can get my workout in the better. That way it’s done, out of the way, and I am a much happier mama because I know I have taken care of myself. I have a workout bench, various weight dumbbells, and a yoga mat, and I am set for all the workouts in her program.
- The program is circuit training. It is set up with 4 moves with a specific number of reps, and you continue to do as many rounds as possible until your time is up. When you first start out it is 4 sets of 7 minute intervals. But somewhere around 40-45 weeks you begin doing 2 sets of 14 minutes, which I liked a lot more.
- It’s quick! 28 minutes boom. You’re done.
- It’s actual sweat-inducing hard-work. Like I mentioned earlier I used to love going to the gym, and would spend an hour to an hour and half there. I also had a few trainers over the years to kick my booty. I used to think the longer I was there or the more I did the better, but have since realized that it really doesn’t need to take so long if you hit it hard.
- The app includes so much. Not only does it include the workouts, but there is education on why you are doing the moves you are and how to do them correctly with detailed pictures and videos of Kayla. It also includes meal plans with grocery lists, camera section to keep up with updates, and it has a built in timer so you can see the workouts with the timer at the same time.
- (Bonus!) You see results! With anything, you get out what you put into it. If you follow her program and eat well you will see results. Check out her Instagram because she is always posting transformations and encouragement!
I recently also got to meet Kayla when she was on her new book tour and stopped in Dallas!
What’s your go-to workout plan? Have you ever tried working out at home? I’d love to hear what works for you!
Until next time,